In response to COVID-19, we are changing our approach to training in the upcoming months.
As the situation with COVID-19 (also known as the coronavirus) remains dynamic, we are working to make proactive decision that are grounded in care for those who wish to become a customer or partner.
As more calls for social distancing have rung out, we have made some decisions about how we will offer training until it becomes prudent to resume normal operations.
To maximize people’s time at home or otherwise quarantined, as well as ensure the health of our trainers and trainees alike, we will offer online training options to fit current needs. We are working hard to prepare training videos and discussion forums to provide the best experience possible until classes can begin again.
Here are a few important updates:
- Online training will begin May 28th – that’s when the materials will be made available, but you can pre-order the training book and, later, work through the program at your own pace. Go to the Training page to begin
- Online training will include: reading the training manual (available below), watching videos, and participating in online discussion.
- You can sign up for online training at any time – it will continue until live training resumes.
- Cost: free, except for the training manual
- It will count as half of the total required training hours.
- We will reach out as soon as possible about steps to complete your certification (which will also be offered at a discounted rate to those who sign up now)
- This is available to all of Texas.
- Tuition-free training for veterans still applies. If you are a veteran, e-mail us with verification of your service/status.
To get started, follow these three steps:
Step 1 of 3: Sign Up
Enroll in online training by filling out the form below:
Step 2 of 3: Buy the Training Guidebook
Available on Amazon (click on the image):
Step 3 of 3: Check your email…
We are working to give everyone who wishes to become part of our organization individual attention and guidance during this especially-chaotic time.
You will receive a message from contact(at)texas-mediators(dot)com, so check your inbox and other folders after you’ve signed up and purchased your training manual for more instructions and dates to save.
Question, comments, concerns? Reach out to our training coordinator Heather Marcus directly.